Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Reading Time & More

My corned beef was successful. I got glowing reviews - something a cook (and writer) love to get. Now I'm busy planning my Easter meal (more new recipes) and taking time to read. I just finished reading Mother Teresa Come Be My Light The Private Writings of the "Saint of Calcutta."
Saints have always fascinated me. I don't know why, but I enjoy reading about them. I suppose there's something remarkable about a person who fights and even suffers for her/his belief. Whether in reality or fiction, life isn't always easy. It takes courage and strength to not just survive, but to thrive.
I like heroines and heroes who - at first sight - may not seem determined or valiant, but find in the course of the story what they possessed all along - the bravery and confidence to grow in character and love.
But then love is a whole other blog!

No comments: