Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Art of Cooking & Writing

A busy weekend writing and preparing for St. Pat's Day and Easter. With Celtic roots, a special meal for St. Pat's Day is a must. This year Easter follows close behind - so lots of cooking to do.
I always manage to get writing time in around holidays especially when I'm on a deadline. Besides, I feel cooking is as much of an art as writing. Blending ingredients to achieve a delicious meal is like blending words to achieve a tasty story. You must watch your ingredients in both. Too much or too little of one thing can spoil the flavor.
I worked on a new recipe for corned beef this year adding new ingredients. With fingers crossed, I trust that it will be a better then ever meal.
I also worked on dialogue that had to have the ingredient of mystery. It had to entice and make the reader wonder - what's going on?
So, I worked on two arts I thoroughly enjoy and had a wonderful weekend doing it!

No comments: