Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Love To Read

I am an avid reader and I manage to keep reading a top priority. I enjoy mixing up genres and in between I read tons of non-fiction. While I love spending hours browsing the shelves of a bookstore, time doesn't always permit it. To compensate I joined a few book clubs, receiving catalogs in the mail. I jump for joy when they arrive knowing that at the end of my work day I have a special treat waiting for me. Of course my want list turns way too long and at last I must compromise. Soon the books arrive in the mail (in between I've already made a few trips to the bookstore and pray that storage space will miraculously double, no make that triple) and I can't wait to start reading them.
I've never been disappointed in the books my friends have recommended, and so here's three books I've read and enjoyed. I hope you get as much pleasure out of them as I did!
Julia's Chocolates by Cathy Lamb is a book you'll savor long after you're done reading it. Five women share the struggles of life through love, laughter and tears and not merely survive, but thrive.
You'll be a willing patron in a Victorian pub in Ireland and looking forward to finding out what happens to all its quirky characters when you read The Tavern On Maple Street by Sharon Owen. The tavern patrons are irresistible.
If you've ever lacked the strength to keep going through difficult times then pick up this little book that delivers a powerful punch. Keep Going The Art Of Perseverance by Joseph M. Marshall. It's a keeper and makes a great gift.

No comments: