Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mind Alarm

My mind woke me today. I was asleep one minute and wide awake the next. What could possible be so urgent that it had to wake me at four in the morning? A character wanted to be heard. I grew alarmed. Honora was the heroine from Return of the Rogue. Her story was done, but not so she reminded me. Her book was the first in a four book series about the Sinclare brothers. She would return in other books. She wanted to make certain of her involvement in future books. I began to think of the heroines in the three books to come.
Would all the women get along? What could they learn from each other? Those and other questions helped me to remember that it's not only through similarities, but also adversities that friendships are formed. Naturally, my mind went wild with possibilities. Not only possibilities with the Sinclare heroines, but future books as well.
So, I got out my composition book - yes, at times I write the old-fashion way, with pen and paper. I jotted down notes, names and plot lines.
Honora was happy and so was I. I actually got a couple of more hours sleep, and this time? No mind alarm, I woke on my own!

No comments: