Thursday, April 23, 2009

ASAJ Conference

Tomorrow I'm off to the city with a friend to attend the American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA) conference starting early Saturday morning. It's an organization of independent nonfiction writers. I attended one a few years ago and enjoyed it, and being the conference is on nonfiction writing it gives me a different prospective on the craft. As with any writers' conference there are different workshops to choose from and I've found some interesting ones I plan to attend.
I'll let you know all about it when I get back, but I was wondering... is anyone interested in nonfiction writing? I have a friend who does travel articles, though she isn't paid to travel. She writes about her family vacations and never fails to make a sale. Another friend sells health articles, though she never worked in the health field. She's always had a deep interest in all areas of health and loves research. She's found some weird, yet interesting things to write about.
So how about it, anyone interested in writing nonfiction?