Sunday, December 7, 2008

Give a Kid Book!

Every Christmas among many other gifts my three sons received a book. All different types from fiction to non-fiction, and of course comic books for my son Marc. I've carried on the tradition with my grandchildren.
So here are a few recommends for young children.
Any Paddington Bear book by Michael Bond is a winner. When I worked at Borders Bookstore as a community relations coordinator I would get various book character costumes for events. When I got Paddington I got a paw stamp and had him sign books for the kids. My granddaughter now has a book signed by Paddington. You can do the same for your child.
A Very Marley Christmas by John Grogan and Richard Cowdrey is a must for my four year old grandson since I recently gave him Bad Dog Marley for his birthday. He insisted I read it so many times that I know it by heart. He specially liked the part where Marley drinks out of the toilet.
Any Fancy Nancy book by Jane O'Connor and Robin Preiss-Glasser is a sure fire treat. The author and illustrator do a great job of introducing fancy words to young girls. When I gave my three year old granddaughter Fancy Nancy and The Posh Puppy I also took her to a local Build-A-Bear store where she chose a pooch and dressed her fancy. We had a great time.
Give A Mouse A Cookie and Give A Moose a Muffin by Laura Joffe and Felicia are also great choices. All of these books have been given 5 stars by my two grandchildren.
So don't waste another minute, give a book for the holidays!

No comments: